Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Road to Wattsville

This past weekend saw me indulging in a lot of my favorite holiday eats, one could even say that it was the equivalent of several bags of sugar. I think Christmas dinner was the only somewhat healthy meal, beef tenderloin with mashed potatoes, and a greek salad. I definitely had extra helpings of the beef. As for the rest of the weekend it consisted of Norwegian Pancakes (I call them pixie sticks), 12 pack of coca cola, meltaway cookies, those yummy chocolate waxy mini doughnuts, a bunch of other yummies that were on the table during the party, a blueberry milk shake, and a few other various items all consumed within 3 days, and a sandwich from Panera.

My thought process was to just have fun and eat what I enjoy because after that, it's time to get back to watching what I eat. It's all about the numbers people. The lower the weight the higher the power-to-weight ratio. The higher the ratio, the faster I will be on the bike. I'm going to be reasonable in this and hope to drop 10 pounds by the beginning of the season, this would put me around 160. Ideally, I would like to be around 150 but I'm not going to push it, we'll see how it all goes.

The plan is simple. Keep the daily caloric intake just under 2000 calories and keep my exercise levels up. No more Jimmy John's or Sam and Louie's. The calories I consume will need to be nutrient dense or I will find myself slipping into the bag of gummy bears void. If I eat out for lunches, I'm planning on getting something from Juice Stop, I highly recommend the Tour De France but have them use watermelon juice instead of apple juice, or brining something from home, protein or energy bars.

Here's to a lighter new year. Hope none of you overindulged as I did, and if you did, hopefully it's just during the holidays. Who wants to be around a grumpy grump who won't eat all the goodies during that time of year. Now, where did I put the bag of baby carrots?

No comments: