Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Weekend in Pictures

Flying in to Harrisburg International airport getting my recommended dose of radiation from TMI. For those of you young ones, this is what the movie China Syndrome was loosely based upon.


Just outside of Reading beginning my ride to Hershey. It was overcast but the temps were low 60's, perfect. The area is covered in trees and the winds are usually below 10mph, something unheard of in Nebraska.


One of the many old churches and cemeteries dotting the landscape. I think this was outside of Stouchsburg.

Just outside of Hershey Park. Can't tell you how many days / weekends I spent here. Great times.


Entering the famous Chocolate World.



A place of wonders and joy. There is a ride in here which will take you on a tour of the history of chocolate and Hershey.

Once inside, they even have a huge gift shop where you can get almost anything Hershey. Even large quantities of your favorite sweets.


Next it was over to the park itself.






The hotel Hershey where you can get a spa treatment all in chocolate. I kid you not.



Next it was time to refuel and get back to my starting point. No, I didn't refuel with chocolate.


While refueling, there was an equestrian show going on in Quentin.





I bet there is some sweet single track in those tree covered hills.


Next it was time for a car tour of my old haunts. Here is the house we lived in for some time.





My old high school. Still looks as grungy as ever. You would think they would have cleaned it up after twenty-four years. I discovered they did remove the planetarium. What a shame.

This used to be where the movie theatres were, where I watched Rocky Horror Picture show for many, many years. Now it's a food court, so sad.


One of the old shit hole apartments I used to live in. Yep, looks exactly the same and still looks shitty.


The Rocky Horror Picture Show reunion. Everyone enjoying a shot of the old time favorite Peach Schnapps. God that stuff was hideous back then too.


The whole group picture. Some people didn't show up until later and some had to leave early. One day everyone will be in a picture.

Our one finger salute goodbye until the next reunion. I had a great time and hope to make it back there again soon.

No comments: