Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Six Weeks

Last night at the YMCA was ludicrous. Every year, without a hitch, the resolution crowd swarms the gyms and it becomes frustrating for the people who are committed to a regular regimen.

Don't get me wrong, it's great seeing people getting out and wanting to become healthier; however, it is always short lived, like 6 weeks. If these people were effectuated in their endeavors then  gyms would have larger facilities and more equipment.

There is never enough equipment, and these people don't know proper equipment etiquette.  For example,  I was wanting to get on one of the weight machines and there was this individual just sitting on it. I asked him if I could rotate in for one set and he said, "Just a minute, I'm almost done." I figured, okay, I can wait for that. Two minutes later he does a set, and then just sits there. I asked him again and he said that he had 1 more set to do and I then could use it. What a complete ya-hoo, so it was off to another machine that I could find empty. Ugh. It's even more ridiculous with the treadmills. I was grateful that I didn't have to run last night or I would have been there even longer than normal.

Thankfully, the numbers will be dwindling in 6 weeks. I wonder how many of them will stop coming all together and not cancel their membership and end up paying monthly fees for not using the facilities. Gyms don't make money from people who come to workout on a regular basis.

Okay, I was going to mention a solution, but it could be construed as elitist or snobbish, so I will just keep that in my head and suck it up. Oh, and it's a pain trying to find an empty locker to use during this time too. Enough ranting for today, I'm feeling better now.

No comments: