Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Minus 2

Ok, I was going to do a Biggest Loser update, but I will either do that later today or tomorrow morning. It was a good show last night if you didn't see it. Instead I'm going to talk about my ride in to work.

It was cold this morning. Today's ride is now the coldest ride I have had to date. There are people who have ridden in even colder temps and I'm planning on keeping it up and joining those people. Not sure what my limit will be, but there has to be a limit, right?

I really need to get some cold weather specific shoes, these Bontrager RXL's with Pearl Izumi shoe covers and wool socks are not cutting it in these temperatures; I feel like I have no toes by the time I reach work. I'm planning on cutting up some cereal boxes tonight and put them in the bottom of my shoes.

For the last 2 months I've been trying to get a pair of the SIDI Diablo's, but they have been sold out of my size and they are saying they are now to be available January 31. If the temps keep dropping, I will have frost bite by then. So, I may have to look into the Pearl Izumi Barrier GTX shoes. Sometimes you can't just wait and I'm tired of waiting. I just hope the GTX shoes aren't sold out in my size and that they work in keeping my feet warm.

I'm also looking for a way to keep my ski goggles from fogging up in this weather. They only seem to fog when the temp is below 10. Yesterday and this morning I only had a pinpoint spot that I could look out clearly. Anyone out there have any suggestions?

2 comments:

gravy said...

this... is... odd...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeDIYaVW8Og

LoupGarou said...

Gravy - I don't know what to say after watching that video. Odd doesn't even begin to describe it.